MOVE OUT PROCEDURE
Mahalo for your continued tenancy!
Please refer to the list below to guide you in the transition process as you vacate your current rental property. The forms are also available below for you to download:
- PROVIDE SUFFICIENT NOTICE TO VACATE Month-to-month lease: requires 28 days notice. Long term lease: we request at least 30 days or when you know your exact move out date, if moving at the end of your lease term. See the Notice to Vacate form below or your lease agreement for military tenants.
- COMPLETE AND RETURN THE NOTICE TO VACATE FORM TO US VIA E-MAIL, MAIL OR FAX See the Notice to Vacate Form below.
- REMOVE YOUR PERSONAL BELONGINGS AND CLEAN THE UNIT See the Vacating Instructions/Cleaning Checklist form below to use as a guideline.
- UPDATE YOUR FORWARDING ADDRESS AT THE POST OFFICE Click here to be directed to the USPS website where you can submit your change of address online.
- STOP THE SERVICE OF ALL UTILITIES ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR NAME Continue to page 7 for the contact information for Honolulu based utility companies.
Definition of ‘wear and tear’ “
Damage or deterioration caused by excessive or aggressive use will be the tenant’s responsibility (e.g. walking on the carpet with cleats/shoes, using excessive force to close cabinet doors, etc.).
Tenant Portal Directory:
- MAINTENANCE / REPAIR – page 2
- TENANT FORMS – page 3
- TENANT GUIDELINES – page 4
- RENTERS INSURANCE – page 5
- MOVE OUT PROCEDURE – page 6
- MOVING RESOURCES – page 7
- TENANT / LANDLORD HANDBOOK FOR THE STATE OF HAWAI`I – page 8
- EMERGENCY RESOURCES – page 9
- PAY RENT / UTILITIES ONLINE – page 10