SERVICES WE PROVIDE AS YOUR PROPERTY MANAGEMENT TEAM
Mahalo for choosing Faith Naluai Realty to manage your property investment. We are a family owned company with over 20 years of experience in real estate and we specialize in property management.
Our team is committed to providing you with exceptional service and we do our best to serve your needs with integrity and ALOHA.
Below is an outline of the services we provide for you as your property management team:
- PRE-MARKET PROPERTY INSPECTION. This helps us to set a fair rental listing price and determine upgrades or maintenance necessary to receive the maximum income potential.
- TENANT SCREENING. The screening process helps us find the most qualified tenants that we hope will maintain your property according to your standards throughout their lease term. We require all tenants 18+ years of age to submit a rental application when interested in a vacant property. As part of the application process, we will verify income, previous landlords and references. Please visit our Prospective Tenant Portal to view our Tenant Screening process in further detail.
- RENT COLLECTION. Tenants are obligated to make payments for their long term rental to Faith Naluai, LLC on or before the 1st day of ever month. We accept payments in cash, personal and cashiers check, money order and debit or credit card. On (or around) the 10th of the month, we will send all owners their payment for income minus expenses and fees.
- DIRECT DEPOSIT. We offer owners the ability to receive monthly payments directly deposited into a checking or savings account. This option allows payment to be received electronically rather than by check mailed via USPS.
- MONTHLY OWNER STATEMENTS. A cash flow statement is generated monthly using a software called Propertyware. This reflects the previous month’s income and expenses. The statement is uploaded to the Owner Portal on Propertyware for owners to view, download and print. A login is required for access. These statements are accompanied by any invoices paid during the same statement period. Owners may also choose to receive a hard copy of their statement and invoices which we mail via USPS. Invoices remain in the Propertyware Owner Portal for three months. Any document dated 3+ months is archived and available upon request.
- MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRS. A reserve is required for all accounts and is used for operating expenses. The amount retained is normally $300, but may increase based on the level of expenses for the property. Our office coordinates with third party vendors for repairs and maintenance of the property. Once we are notified by the tenant of the issue, we respond within 24-48 hours, depending on the situation. Any work that will cost more than $300 must be authorized prior to starting the repair. All invoices for the property are uploaded to the Owner Portal in Propertyware. Major repairs and maintenance are discussed with the owner prior to any action taken for the property.
- VACANT PROPERTY MARKETING. Once a property is vacant and available to rent, we utilize various cost-free and paid online marketing resources. Please refer to page 5 to learn about our marketing strategies in detail.
- PERIODIC PROPERTY INSPECTIONS. We will perform periodic walk through inspections of the property as a protection of the owner’s investment and for the safety and management of the tenants. The inspection may take anywhere from 30-60 minutes. We will be looking for any wear that could potentially lead to serious damage (e.g. wood rot, water damage, etc.). There may be photos and videos taken during the walk through. In addition to the inspections, it is still the tenants’ responsibility to notify us when they become aware of any issues with the home which require attention. Any matters requiring attention proceeding the inspection will be discussed with the owner.
- GENERAL EXCISE TAX FILING. All owners must acquire a General Excise License to perform business in the state of Hawai`i. Owners may choose to file and pay their own GET or opt for our office to file and pay on their behalf. We prefer to pay the GET on a monthly basis for easier accounting. If you want to file and pay for your General Excise Tax, click here to register your business and GET online if you don’t already have one, or click here to download and print the fill-able form.
In addition to these core services, we also provide assistance with home sales, market analysis, interior decorating and more. We are an affiliate of Homes for Heroes which provides savings to veterans and other professional heroes (firefighters, police, teachers, etc.) related to home purchases. Click here to learn more about HFH.
Owner Portal Directory
- SERVICES WE PROVIDE AS YOUR PROPERTY MANAGEMENT TEAM – page 2
- SERVICES WE PROVIDE FOR THE TENANTS OF YOUR PROPERTY – page 3
- LONG TERM / SHORT TERM MANAGEMENT AGREEMENT TERMS – page 4
- MARKETING STRATEGIES – page 5
- FORMS – page 6
- VIEW OWNER STATEMENT AND INVOICES – page 7
- USING THE OWNER PORTAL ON PROPERTYWARE – page 8
- UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION – page 9